Thursday 22 October 2015

Senate Screens Amaechi And Four Others






The Nigeria Senate has completed the screening of the former governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Amaechi, Professor Claudius Daramola,Ocholi Enojo James, Honourable Baba Mustapha and Heineken Lokpobiri during the plenary session earlier today.

During the questioning from the senate, Amaechi cleared the air about the corruption allegations flying around, he declared ''Panel reports did not indict me". He spoke further, "I have never taken bribe in my life; whether I become a minster or not, this will go on in my history books that I once addressed the Senators of the Federal Republic of Nigeria".

"And under my leadership as the governor of Rivers state, we redefined governance and repositioned Port-Harcourt".

The Senate, however, adjourned plenary session till Tuesday 27th of October, when the screening of the other ministerial nominees will continue.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment